It is wonderful to have all of our sites back working as they were before lockdown. Well ‘almost’ as they were!
Things are different. Our teams have had to adopt new working practices to ensure that everyone stays healthy as well as safe.
We have adopted new working practices to comply with the Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. These include:
- Additional Risk Assessments
- Enabling people to work from home where appropriate
- Introducing new cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Taking reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- A policy and procedure for where a member of staff or sub-contractor experiences COVID-like symptoms
Our risk assessment now considers the potential risk to particularly COVID-vulnerable clients who may be in residence at the location of a project. We now check whether anyone in the household has experienced symptoms in the previous two weeks and where necessary, reprogramme work to allow an appropriate time to elapse before starting on site. Whilst all sites are now working, in accordance with Government guidance, some of our office staff continue to work from home for the time being.